Thursday, June 21, 2012

Favorite Site Down? Useful Link



To carry over with the library theme, I keep a list of over 250 libraries on Twitter. Talk about smart people and tons of great tips!

So keeping it pretty plain and simple today--I saw (on Twitter) that a local fast food place was giving away free t-shirts to the first one hundred customers at noon today. Oh, yeah, I'm there! Scored my free tee and couldn't wait to tweet back to show my appreciation to the Twitter tipster.

BUT I couldn't log in to Twitter. Frustrating! I wondered if Twitter was down for everyone? Or just me?

And that's when I remembered a tip tweeted by a library. If you want to find out if a web site is down, check Down For Everyone Or Just Me? Great name, huh? Just enter the URL or name and find out in seconds whether technology has sent you back in time for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A forest would be quiet if no birds sang except the best." Amish Proverb